The better known you are, the higher your perceived value. With higher perceived value, you have greater negotiation leverage.
So, how can smart women professionals become more visible, better known, and recognized as thought leaders in a way that helps them negotiate with confidence?
This is the question that we address in this episode, featuring Annie Pace Scranton, Founder and CEO of Pace Public Relations, a full service PR agency that focuses on media relations.
- The ONE question that Annie addressed during her offer negotiation to secure a big, sizable leap in pay when she worked as a TV producer (06:47)
- Three simple questions you can ask yourself to get effective at establishing your thought leadership (12:15)
- How Annie turned a rock bottom moment in her TV news career into a thriving side hustle that became a successful company (14:10)
- How to become aware of what's in your blindspot, so you can clearly communicate how you stand out from the competition (18:08)
- Three things smart women introverts can do to improve their connections and visibility without "working the room" at a crowded networking event (21:35)
- The one simple and easy LinkedIn strategy that's often overlooked but can be instrumental in increasing your visibility (26:06)
- How personal branding and cognitive dissonance are connected (27:57)
- What's most important when you're negotiating as the leader with your direct reports and employees (30:12)
- The book The Guide to Earned Media: How to Your PR Strategies to Enhance Your Brand and who it's perfect for (38:06)
Featured in this episode:
As a coach for women, I'm super passionate about helping smart women who hate office politics get promoted and better paid.
I do this through my unique combination of:
- Self-directed neuroplasticity tools backed by science
- Negotiation strategies proven to work for women by academic research
- Intersectional feminist lens that honors women’s real, lived experiences
To learn about my 1:1 coaching series and to book your free hour-long consultation with me, click here: https://www.jamieleecoach.com/apply
Enjoy the show?
Connect with me
- **You want to get promoted and better paid with best tools possible. That's what I offer inside my Executive Coaching Series, and you can learn all about it here: https://www.jamieleecoach.com/apply **
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org